Section 1. Nuclear physics
• Mechanisms of nuclear reactions and structure of nuclei
• Heavy and super heavy elements: synthesis and fission
• Nuclear physics of low and medium energy, nuclear astrophysics
• Activities in the sphere of nuclear data
• High energy physics and elementary particles
• Cosmic rays and neutrino physics
• Dark Matter and Dark Energy
Section 2. Radiation Solid State Physics and problems of Materials Science
• Formation and evolution of defects in solids
• Physics of condensed states
• Structural and fuel materials of nuclear and fusion facilities
• Modification of materials with the beams of plasma and charged particles
• New materials and methods of their preparation, nano-materials
Section 3. Atomic Energy
• Nuclear research and power plants
• Controlled thermonuclear fusion
• Safety of nuclear energy and issues of non-proliferation of nuclear materials and technologies
Section 4. Radiation Ecology and Methods of Analysis
• Radio-ecological studies of former nuclear test sites, assessment of risks and dosimetry issues.
• Technologies for reducing ecological risk of the radiation-hazardous facilities and territories, radioactive wastes management.
• Analytical methods in scientific-applied research and Nuclear Forensics.
Section 5. Nuclear and Radiation Technologies in medicine, industry and agriculture
• Nuclear and radiation technologies in medicine
• Radiation technologies in industry and agriculture.